It's pretty harsh when you already feel ignored and you realize you are officially less important than the scores of whatever sports being played for the day.
But it's okay. It's good to know where you stand.
Ask my momma about the day I was born and you'll hear a story of my dad sleeping, my mom sneaking to scrub baseboards, her hemorrhaging and both of us nearly dying. Moral of the story, I came into this world to the beat of my own drum. No, no birth is "typical" but this event set the stage for my life. I was never the kid who wanted to be like all the other kids. I was always unique. I was never afraid of what people might think. I did my own thing. I still liked New Kids on the Block when I was 18, did I care? No. Did I care that I maybe didn't dress like everyone else? No. Did I care that my hair wasn't perfect? No. Little things that added up to make me who I was. While I've changed a lot over 37 years, one aspect that has changed very little is the fact that I still, march to the beat of my own drum. And it's often said, that is one thing people admire about me. That I've never been afraid to ...
Comments