Skip to main content

Glimpses of karma

It's pretty sad, I blog so seldom, I had to go back and see what my last post was about.  And when.  Nearly 4 months have passed and there have been so many more changes in my life.

The big change is, I was granted an amazing job opportunity that I couldn't turn down.  So on August 15, I said goodbye to the job I'd held for over 13 years.  It was time for a change.  I'm still a paralegal but it's a completely different setting and better pay.  I can finally afford to give my daughter the things she needs and deserves without worrying how to make ends meet.

Really that's the biggest change.  There have been minor changes some of which I may have already mentioned within my family.  Good and bad but we know things could always get worse so we manage.  My dad's health has been failing for some time and we now know he has early stages of dementia.  Being a daddy's girl, it's difficult to see, but I cherish the time I have with him.

Barbie Jr is still her spunky, sassy self.  Some days I dread the next 6 years but we'll manage.  She's a good girl, being a parent to an almost teenager is just scary.  But I am thankful for the fact that I have a healthy, thriving preteen. 

I have seen glimpses of karma coming around and to be honest, you think when you are down at your lowest that you will revel in the day you see karma come along, but I'm here to tell you, it's not all it's chalked up to be.  Maybe because I've been there, I know what it's like and even given everything I've been through, the one thing I've learned in life is compassion.  Oddly enough, I came across a Facebook post made a few days ago from 4 years ago when I thought my life was over.  When my heart had been ripped out of my chest and stomped into the mud.  And the one theme throughout was that karma would come along.  And now, now that I've moved on, found forgiveness, found happiness and become a completely different person, I can't enjoy it.  I will never forget what I went through for years and especially there at the end.  I have forgiven but those memories were lessons that helped me grow as a person and grow into who I am today.  I won't put up with crap from anyone, I still try to find the good in people, but I will never ever let anyone drag me down again.  I'm stronger, wiser but I still have compassion.  And because of who I am now, I can't enjoy this karma thing.  It makes me feel yucky and I don't think God would want me basking in the misery of others.

So that's the Fall, 2014 version of Life as a Barbie Girl.  I'm happy.  Genuinely happy.  And because it may another 4 months before I blog again I wish each and every one of you a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas.
xoxo

BG

Comments

Anonymous said…
So happy life is going really well for you! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you and yours too! MYB

Popular posts from this blog

Look What the Cat Dragged In

 It's been a hot minute huh?  1,312 days to be exact.  Yes, I gave it a goog. I've been back several times but words escaped me.  Nothing would come out.  I was in a bad place for a long time.  But after a whole lot of patience, many prayers, and the support of my family and friends, I made it.  And it's worked out well for all of us.  We moved early this year into a cute little house.  Just me and my kids. My little guy, we will call him Felix, he's happier and has been a champ with the change.  He gets the best of both worlds.  Barbie Jr, she's been a Godsend.  I don't know what I would have done without her. There have been differences in ending a relationship vs. divorce (obviously).  Ins and outs.  But this time around, I can actually say Felix's father and I are doing pretty well at this co-parenting thing.  Which is an odd situation for me given what I went through with Ken.  But even that part is going well. Barbie Jr. graduated from high school in M

Kindness goes a long way

My last post was about how I refused to be irrelevant. I posted it the day before my 42nd birthday.  It was and is a phrase that has stuck with me.  I haven't blogged since, although I have been planning to. So months later, here On my birthday I received an anonymous gift of a beautiful Edible Arrangement with the attached card: I want whoever you are to know, I carry this with me in my wallet every single day.  I have a few special things that I keep with me always, a drawing Savannah did, a poem she wrote me to tell me everything would be fine when her dad and I were in an ugly custody battle, and now this.  Whoever you are, your kind gesture holds a spot among the most treasured things I carry with me day in and day out.  I take it out when I am having an especially down day to remind myself that I do matter.  That I am relevant. Yesterday was one of those days.  I was feeling down, unloved, unappreciated, so I took the note out and read it. And through my tears of frustr

I refuse to be irrelevant.

After insisting to my friends at work that I had *tried* to watch "Grace and Frankie" I discovered that I lied.  I had watched maybe 15 minutes of the show.  So I gave it a second chance.  I'm about halfway through the first season and something the character Grace said hit me like a ton of bricks.  "I refuse to be irrelevant." I. Refuse. To. Be. Irrelevant. To me it is a powerful statement.  And one I need to relate to more.  Because I can so related to feeling irrelevant these days.  I feel like I don't matter.  I mean of course, there are people I matter to, and others who make me feel irrelevant.  Who make me feel like my presence doesn't matter.  And I blame myself. Tomorrow is my birthday and I don't even care.  I've always been all woohoo, my birthday is coming up.  This year? I could care less.  It's a Tuesday.  I have zero expectations.  I'm sure people on Facebook will wish me happy birthday, but otherwise, it just feels l