Skip to main content

WOW


It's come to my attention that I'm known to a couple people as WOW.  I'm venturing to guess it stands for Wicked Ol Witch.  I could be wrong, but I'm probably not.  I find it hilarious actually.  Why you ask?  Because it means that I get under your skin SO MUCH that you came up with a nickname for me.  That's classic.  Thanks for the amusement. Thanks for the realization that for some reason, you are threatened by me.  And all I ever did was be me!

It seems as though you are mistaken however. It seems you are under the misconception that I am unhappy.  Don't confuse my blog posts with how I am.  Yes, I blog real, raw, deep down feelings.  But I leave them there.  That doesn't mean I sit around sad and down and depressed all the time.  Here's a secret, for the most part, I am HAPPY!  *gasp*  What!?!?!?!  The last time I recall crying, even just a little bit, was at a funeral about a month ago.  Guess what?  Funerals are sad. I'm a single mom.  I struggle.  While I may not have a "significant other" I'm still happy and surrounded by amazing people.  I have made that choice.  I will not settle for the first person who comes along. (unlike those who would)  Maybe I will end up alone?  If so, it's by choice, not for lack of interest.  

And here's something else.  I will never be alone.  Why?  Because I'm real.  I will always have friends and family who love me no matter what because of one thing and that's called respect.  That's how I was raised to treat people.  I can't say it's all in how you are raised because I know at least one of you was raised to respect people.  You seem to have forgotten that.  And my respect for others gains me respect BY others and it's why people like me.  I don't have to put on to make people like me.  I could name 5 people, and not just family, that would be there for me at any time I called them, day or night.  How many do you have left?  You've lost most of your friends and your family.  There's a line in a song by Kelly Clarkson.  "You'll die together but alone."  Sadly, if you don't pull your head out of your ass, this will ring true for you some day.  You've turned into nothing but a puppet allowing someone to control your every thought and your every move.

August 24, 2002 was the happiest day of my life.  The second happiest? May 11, 2011.  It was the day the judge granted the divorce and gave me my life back.  I spent a good part of nearly 13 years unhappy, crying and miserable.  On May 11, 2011 I got me back.  I started living again.  And I left that part of me in the past.  The weight of the world was lifted from my shoulders when the judge said we were divorced.  I was finally free.  From that day forward, anything between us was done in the matter of what was best for our child.  I've put the abuse aside, the cheating, the betray.  That's in the past. Our daughter is the future.  And you did for a while.  But now, you seem set on how many ways you can try and break me.  On how many ways you can take me down.  You've known me for over half my life, you haven't broken me yet, what makes you think you can now?  Oh, because you no longer think for yourself.  You are doing what you are told and what someone else is making you believe what is best for your child.  Who I might add is pretty damn smart.  She picks up on much more than you realize.  And if you aren't careful, you'll push her away too.

I can sleep at night knowing I am good mom.  I'm not perfect.  Not in any way.  I make mistakes. I own up to them.  Again, something you've never learned to do.  I'll make mistakes as a parent.  That's part of being a parent.  But whatever I do in life, whether she's by my side or with you, I do with her being put first.  That will be how it is until the day I die.  I have and will continue to sacrifice for her.  I've been more than reasonable with you because I want you to be in her life.  She loves me and she loves you and a kid needs both parents.

I can also sleep at night with who I am.  I can sleep at night knowing I'm doing the best I can with our daughter.  And let me tell you, I sleep damn well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look What the Cat Dragged In

 It's been a hot minute huh?  1,312 days to be exact.  Yes, I gave it a goog. I've been back several times but words escaped me.  Nothing would come out.  I was in a bad place for a long time.  But after a whole lot of patience, many prayers, and the support of my family and friends, I made it.  And it's worked out well for all of us.  We moved early this year into a cute little house.  Just me and my kids. My little guy, we will call him Felix, he's happier and has been a champ with the change.  He gets the best of both worlds.  Barbie Jr, she's been a Godsend.  I don't know what I would have done without her. There have been differences in ending a relationship vs. divorce (obviously).  Ins and outs.  But this time around, I can actually say Felix's father and I are doing pretty well at this co-parenting thing.  Which is an odd situation for me given what I went through with Ken.  But even that part is going well. Barbie Jr. graduated from high school in M

Kindness goes a long way

My last post was about how I refused to be irrelevant. I posted it the day before my 42nd birthday.  It was and is a phrase that has stuck with me.  I haven't blogged since, although I have been planning to. So months later, here On my birthday I received an anonymous gift of a beautiful Edible Arrangement with the attached card: I want whoever you are to know, I carry this with me in my wallet every single day.  I have a few special things that I keep with me always, a drawing Savannah did, a poem she wrote me to tell me everything would be fine when her dad and I were in an ugly custody battle, and now this.  Whoever you are, your kind gesture holds a spot among the most treasured things I carry with me day in and day out.  I take it out when I am having an especially down day to remind myself that I do matter.  That I am relevant. Yesterday was one of those days.  I was feeling down, unloved, unappreciated, so I took the note out and read it. And through my tears of frustr

I refuse to be irrelevant.

After insisting to my friends at work that I had *tried* to watch "Grace and Frankie" I discovered that I lied.  I had watched maybe 15 minutes of the show.  So I gave it a second chance.  I'm about halfway through the first season and something the character Grace said hit me like a ton of bricks.  "I refuse to be irrelevant." I. Refuse. To. Be. Irrelevant. To me it is a powerful statement.  And one I need to relate to more.  Because I can so related to feeling irrelevant these days.  I feel like I don't matter.  I mean of course, there are people I matter to, and others who make me feel irrelevant.  Who make me feel like my presence doesn't matter.  And I blame myself. Tomorrow is my birthday and I don't even care.  I've always been all woohoo, my birthday is coming up.  This year? I could care less.  It's a Tuesday.  I have zero expectations.  I'm sure people on Facebook will wish me happy birthday, but otherwise, it just feels l