I'm back bitches!
Ask my momma about the day I was born and you'll hear a story of my dad sleeping, my mom sneaking to scrub baseboards, her hemorrhaging and both of us nearly dying. Moral of the story, I came into this world to the beat of my own drum. No, no birth is "typical" but this event set the stage for my life. I was never the kid who wanted to be like all the other kids. I was always unique. I was never afraid of what people might think. I did my own thing. I still liked New Kids on the Block when I was 18, did I care? No. Did I care that I maybe didn't dress like everyone else? No. Did I care that my hair wasn't perfect? No. Little things that added up to make me who I was. While I've changed a lot over 37 years, one aspect that has changed very little is the fact that I still, march to the beat of my own drum. And it's often said, that is one thing people admire about me. That I've never been afraid to ...
Comments